Chocolate and strawberries are made to go together. Enjoy the delicious combination by making my Chocolate Strawberry Muffins.
It’s February which means Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Of course, we all think about eating chocolate and strawberries so I decided to create Chocolate Strawberry Muffins.
In a large bowl, I combined the flour, baking soda and salt. Then mixed in the sugar, cocoa powder and 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips. In another bowl, I whisked together the egg and yogurt. Then I whisked in the coffee, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. The coffee enhances the chocolate flavor without leaving a coffee taste in the muffins.
I poured the yogurt mixture into the chocolate mixture and added 1 cup strawberries. I stirred the batter just until blended. I spooned the batter into the lined muffins tins so they were 3/4 full. To finish them, I sprinkled the tops with the remaining strawberries and mini chocolate chips before I put them in the oven.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup coffee, chilled
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup chopped strawberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in sugar, cocoa powder and ¾ cup mini chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg and yogurt. Whisk in coffee, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Pour into chocolate mixture and add 1 cup strawberries. Stir until batter is just blended.
- Fill lined muffins tins ¾ full. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining ¼ cup strawberries and ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and Enjoy!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.