Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs are the most popular treat for around Easter time. The eggs are easy to make and are delicious!
Easter is almost here and you have to enjoy it by eating Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs! They are really easy to make, especially if you have an egg mold. If you don’t have one, then you can use a plastic egg that splits in half. Or you can go the harder way, by shaping the eggs and dipping them in thinned chocolate. But seriously invest in an egg mold, they only cost a dollar or two at the craft/baking store and will make your life a lot easier.
To make Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs, I first make the peanut butter filling in the mixer. Then I put the chocolate chips in a glass measuring cup and put them in the microwave for a minute on 50% power. I stir them really good to make sure they are melted. I take my spoon and coat the inside of each egg mold making sure to cover the plastic. Then I place the mold in the freezer for 5 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
Once I take the mold out of the freezer, I press the peanut butter filling into each egg shape. I leave enough space so I can spread more chocolate on top. Then I put back in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
I take them out of the freezer and the peanut butter eggs are ready to eat! I store my peanut butter eggs in the fridge so they are harder and I don’t have to worry about them melting. If you want to easily decorate them, you could get the decorating tubes/pens and make cute egg designs.
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. butter, softened
- 1½ tsp. milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix together confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter and milk.
- Melt chocolate chips and coat inside of egg molds. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Press peanut butter mixture into each egg mold until mostly filled. Spread chocolate on top of peanut butter until covered and egg mold is filled. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.