M&M Cookie Dough Ice Cream is filled with lots of M&M cookie dough pieces and M&M’s. Plus it doesn’t even require an ice cream machine!
I have teamed up with #CollectiveBias and #HeroesEatMMs to celebrate the new release of Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier DVD. I think all superheroes need M&M’s and ice cream after a hard day’s work. A great way to enjoy both is in my M&M Cookie Dough Ice Cream, which does not require an ice cream machine.
Making M&M Cookie Dough Ice Cream is easy to do. First, I had to go to Walmart to pick up some groceries and M&M’s. If you are planning on purchasing Captain America 2, make sure to print out Walmart’s exclusive coupon for $5 off when you purchase Captain America 2 and two packages of M&M’s.
I choose to use mini M&M’s in my ice cream. It’s the perfect size for the little cookie dough pieces.
After I make the cookie dough, I roll the mixture into two long logs and place in the freezer for one hour. Then I cut each log into small pieces. I usually spread the pieces out on the cutting board and place back in the freezer while I make the ice cream part.
For the ice cream part, I whisk heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk in my mixer until stiff and fluffy. You can tell when it has stiff peaks when you pull the whisk out and the peaks stay standing straight up. I fold the cookie dough pieces and M&M’s into the ice cream mixture. Then I transfer the mixture into a freezer safe container and place into the freezer to harden.
My M&M Cookie Dough Ice Cream is filled with M&M cookie dough pieces and M&Ms. You won’t have to go searching for cookie dough like other store brand ice creams. You will get lots of cookie dough and have yummy M&M’s to enjoy throughout the ice cream.
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 T. milk
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup mini M&Ms
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup mini M&Ms
- In a bowl, cream together brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Mix in the vanilla and milk. Then mix in the flour and salt. Stir in the mini M&Ms.
- Shape mixture into two long logs and place on wax paper. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Cut the logs into bite-sized pieces and place back in freezer while you make the ice cream part.
- In a bowl, whisk the whipping cream and condensed milk until stiff and fluffy.
- Fold in the cookie dough pieces and mini M&Ms
- Transfer mixture to a freezer safe container and freeze for 4-6 hours, until ice cream consistency.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.