M&M’s Cookie Sticks are a fun twist on classic cookies and cookie bars.
One of things I have always looked forward to doing as a family was having game nights. Playing board games lets everyone unplug from technology and focus back on spending quality time together as a family. Of course while playing, you have to be eating something yummy. One of the treats I like to make are my M&M’s Cookie Sticks.
Before our game night, I had to go to Walmart to pick up the ingredients. I decided to stock up on M&M’s®. I purchased a 42 oz. party size bag of the milk chocolate M&M’s® since I had a coupon for $1 off the purchase of a 38 oz. bag or larger. Now I won’t have to worry about running out of M&M’s® anytime soon.
I also decided to check out the board game section while I was there. I ended up purchasing Hasbro® Jenga and Classic Monopoly. I haven’t played Jenga in a long time and I thought it would be perfect to go along with my M&M’s® Cookie Sticks.
M&M’s Cookie Sticks are made with normal cookie batter but baked in pan. Once they are done baking and cooled, they are sliced with a knife into rectangle shapes. They are easy to grab and eat while playing your favorite Hasbro® games. M&M’s Cookie Sticks are especially fun to eat and play with while playing Jenga.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup M&M's®
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a 9x11 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into the sugar mixture. Add in the ½ cup of the M&M's®.
- Spread cookie batter into baking pan. Press ¼ cup of the M&M's® on the top of batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Once cooled, slice into rectangles.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.