Loaded Potato Salad is the perfect side dish to bring to any picnic or barbecue this summer. It contains bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions.
One of my favorite things about Summer is the picnics and barbecues. I love spending extra time with family and friends. Of course, the food is always great too. I usually get volunteered to bring the dessert, but sometimes I bring other dishes too. One side dish I am bringing for the 4th of July is my Loaded Potato Salad.
The great thing about potato salad is that you can make it the night before. I love being able to just grab the dish out of the fridge and go to the picnic or barbecue that day. I especially like making it for the 4th of July since we attend two family picnics that day. I also like to bring fresh, hot fried chicken from Walmart. I can easily order a bunch of chicken to pick up that day or I can swing by the deli counter to pick up a container of chicken.
At the deli counter, you can purchase single pieces of chicken, buckets of chicken, or you can even order boxes of 50 and 100 pieces. You can also pick up the 8 piece grab-n-go at the deli counter and on the mobile merchandiser near the checkout. You have the ability to purchase whatever amount of fresh deli chicken you need for any celebration or meal.
I also like to purchase their fresh, hot fried chicken on busy evenings. I usually buy an assortment of fried chicken pieces, chicken fingers and boneless bbq wings. Be sure to check out your local Walmart deli for delicious fresh fried chicken. I’d love to hear what you’d use it for this summer!
My Loaded Potato Salad is the perfect side dish to eat with fried chicken. It’s a great change of pace from the normal boring potato salad.
My Loaded Potato Salad is made differently than other potato salads. Instead of boiling the potatoes, you are supposed to roast the cubed potatoes in the oven. While the potatoes are cooking or cooling, I like to make the bacon. Once the potatoes are cooled, I scoop them into a large bowl. The bacon gets crumbled on top. Then I mix in the cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, salt and pepper. Done! I place the covered bowl in the fridge overnight to allow the flavors to mingle. Loaded Potato Salad is the perfect side dish to bring to any picnic, barbecue or cookout this summer.
- 3 pounds white potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon
- 16 oz. container sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray non-stick spray onto a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss cubed potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Scoop potatoes onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes can be easily poked with a fork, stirring every 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Cook bacon according to the package directions. Drain bacon on a paper towel covered plate. Allow to cool.
- Place the cooled potatoes into a large bowl. Then crumble the cooled bacon on top of the potatoes. Mix in the sour cream, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, green onions, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.