Bird Nest Dirt Cake Cups are the perfect chocolate pudding layered dessert to celebrate Spring.
Spring weather is finally here! It is warm and sunny outside. The birds are singing and flowers are blooming. To celebrate springtime, I decided to make Bird Nest Dirt Cake Cups. If you don’t know what dirt cake is, it is a pudding dessert layered with crushed cookies. I used chocolate pudding and crushed Oreos for the layers with mini candy eggs placed throughout. Then I decorated the top to look like a bird nest. I used crushed Oreos to form a nest. I decorated the nest with chocolate sprinkles and placed mini candy eggs inside. I also used green sprinkles around the nest as decoration. To complete the bird nest look, you can top each dirt cup with a marshmallow peep. These adorable Bird Nest Dirt Cake Cups are the perfect dessert to celebrate Spring.
- 2 (3.9 oz) packages of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3½ cups milk
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 lb. 3 oz. family sized box of chocolate cream-filled cookies
- Decorations: Chocolate sprinkles, Green sprinkles, Mini candy eggs and marshmallow peeps
- In a bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 5 minutes until soft set. Stir in the Cool Whip. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Mix in the pudding mixture.
- Chop cookies finely in a blender or food processor until they resemble dirt.
- In serving cups, layer cookie crumbs and pudding mixture with mini candy eggs placed throughout. On top layer, use the cookie crumbs to form a nest.
- Decorate with chocolate sprinkles and green sprinkles. Place mini candy eggs in the nest and top with a marshmallow peep.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.