Butterfinger candy bar lovers won’t be able to stop eating these Butterfinger Muddy Buddies.
Candy bars always taste amazing, but they are even better in recipes. I have used leftover candy bars to make Twix Bacon Cookies and Butterfinger Rice Krispies. I had a half full bag of Butterfingers laying around so I decided to make Butterfinger Muddy Buddies. Muddy Buddies aka Puppy Chow is a delicious sweet treat. It is basically Chex rice cereal covered in melted chocolate and peanut butter, and then coated in powdered sugar. It’s delicious and addicting. Instead of using powdered sugar for coating, Butterfinger Muddy Buddies are coated in crushed Butterfingers. Everyone will love them and Butterfinger lovers won’t be able to stop eating them.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups rice cereal squares
- 20 fun sized Butterfingers, crushed
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 1 minute. Stir mixture until smooth (microwave longer if needed). Stir in the vanilla extract. Add cereal and mix until coated. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon cereal mixture into a large plastic bag. Add crushed Butterfingers and shake the sealed bag until coated.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.