Disney’s FROZEN fans will love FROZEN Funfetti Cupcakes. These vanilla funfetti cupcakes are topped with vanilla buttercream frosting and snow themed sprinkles.
Disney’s FROZEN is still one of the most popular movie choices in our house. It’s been perfect for watching on cold and snowy days. Of course while watching the movie, we always eat snacks or drink hot cocoa. My daughter recently requested that we make an Elsa dessert. We ended up deciding to make FROZEN Funfetti Cupcakes. If you don’t know what funfetti cupcakes are, they are vanilla cupcakes with sprinkles mixed throughout the batter.
I already had all the baking ingredients to make the cupcakes, but I had to go to Walmart for the decorating supplies. I found FROZEN cupcake liners in the party supply aisle, blizzard mix sprinkles in the baking aisle and snowflake sprinkles in the seasonal aisle. After we got our supplies, we went home and baked the cupcakes. Then I made vanilla buttercream frosting to pipe on top of the funfetti cupcakes. My daughter decorated each cupcake with snowflakes, snowmen, light blue gourmet sugar and white round sprinkles. She loved making and eating her “Elsa cupcakes”. These FROZEN Funfetti Cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting will be loved by any Disney’s FROZEN fan.
- 2½ cup flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup blue sprinkles
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbs. milk
- Blue, white and snowflake sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, beating after each addition and then mix in the vanilla. Gradually mix in the flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix in the sprinkles until combined.
- Scoop the batter into each baking cup until ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until done. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and remove from the pan onto a wired rack.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar alternately with the milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto each cooled cupcake.
- Place sprinkles on top of each frosted cupcake.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.