Football Chocolate Cupcakes are the perfect dessert for a football party. The chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting are decorated to look like footballs.
Every party needs a dessert, especially football parties. Chocolate and football are a great combination. Everyone always enjoys chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, brownies, brownie pops or eating their first bacon chocolate chip cookie. Cupcakes are also a wonderful option since they are easy to pick up and eat while watching the game. My Football Chocolate Cupcakes are a perfect dessert for football parties. The chocolate cupcakes are covered in chocolate frosting and decorated to look like footballs. Football Chocolate Cupcakes will loved by everyone at your football party or Superbowl party.
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 3½ cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- White decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, milk, vanilla extract and butter. Mix with an electric mixer mix for 2 minutes. Then hand stir in the coffee. Pour the batter into the cupcake liners until ⅔ full.
- Bake for 22 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes and then place cupcakes onto wire racks to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in sugar mixture, milk and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
- Spread frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Draw football laces onto the top of the frosted cupcakes using the white icing.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.