Valentine’s Day Cake Pops are a cute, family friendly dessert treat. The cake pops are covered in a pink candy coating and decorated with heart sprinkles.
Valentine’s Day is known for lots of sweets and desserts. You can change up your normal cupcake or cake routine by making Valentine’s Day Cake Pops. The cake pops are covered in a pink candy coating and decorated with heart sprinkles. Valentine’s Day Cake Pops are a delicious fun dessert that is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
If you don’t know what cake pops are, they are basically cake balls covered in a candy coating and served on sticks. To make Valentine’s Day Cake Pops, you need to bake a cake and allow it to cool. Then you crumble the cake into fine crumbs and add in frosting. Form the mixture into balls and place in the fridge to chill for an hour. Then dip a lollipop stick into the melted wafers and insert it into the cake ball. Each ball gets fully dipped into the melted wafers. Before the candy coating hardens, decorate the cake pops with heart sprinkles. The Valentine’s Day Cake Pops are a fun, kid friendly dessert.
- 16.5 oz box of cake mix
- ¾ of a 16 oz. container of frosting
- 32 oz. bag of pink melting wafers
- Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, shortening or oil for thinning
- 30 lollipop sticks
- Heart sprinkles
- Bake a 9x13 cake according to package directions. Allow cake to cool completely.
- In a bowl, crumble cake into fine crumbs and mix in about ¾ of the container of frosting.
- Form cake mixture into 1½ inch balls. Place balls covered in the fridge for an hour or more.
- Melt pink wafers in the microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval until melted. If mixture is thick, thin by using Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, or mixing in 1 tsp. shortening or oil at a time until desired thinness.
- Remove several cake balls from the fridge at a time.
- Dip ½ inch of a lollipop stick into the melted wafers and insert it almost half way into a cake ball. Allow the cake pop to rest for 30 seconds or a minute to let the melted wafers harden onto the stick.
- Dip the cake ball fully into the melted wafers while holding onto the stick.
- After dipping, gently tap and rotate the stick to remove the excess candy coating.
- Sprinkle small heart sprinkles onto the cake pop or press on a big heart sprinkle onto the cake pop before the candy coating hardens.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.