Blue Velvet Cake Pops are a fun, kid friendly dessert treat. They would be perfect for a blue themed party: baby shower, FROZEN party, boy’s birthday party, etc.
Cake pops are a fun dessert treat that are perfect for parties. Besides being convenient to eat, they can also be customized to match any party theme. If you are looking for a blue dessert, then Blue Velvet Cake Pops would be perfect. They are great for any blue themed party: baby shower, FROZEN birthday party, boy’s birthday party, etc.
If you don’t know what cake pops are, they are basically cake balls covered in a candy coating and served on sticks. To make Blue Velvet Cake Pops, you need to bake a blue velvet cake and allow it to cool. Then you crumble the cake into fine crumbs and add in frosting. Form the mixture into balls and place in the fridge to chill for an hour. Then dip a lollipop stick into the melted wafers and insert it into the cake ball. Each ball gets fully dipped into the melted wafers. Before the candy coating hardens, decorate the cake pops with sprinkles. Or after the candy coating hardens, drizzle white melted wafers onto the cake pops. Blue Velvet Cake Pops are a fun, kid friendly dessert that would be great for any occasion.
- 16.5 oz box of blue velvet cake mix
- ¾ of a 16 oz. container of vanilla frosting
- 32 oz. bag of blue melting wafers
- 12 oz. bag of white melting wafers
- Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, shortening or oil for thinning
- 30 lollipop sticks
- White sprinkles
- Bake a 9x13 cake according to package directions. Allow cake to cool completely.
- In a bowl, crumble cake into fine crumbs and mix in about ¾ of the container of frosting.
- Form cake mixture into 1½ inch balls. Place balls covered in the fridge for an hour or more.
- Melt blue wafers in the microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval until melted. If mixture is thick, thin by using Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, or mixing in 1 tsp. shortening or oil at a time until desired thinness.
- Remove several cake balls from the fridge at a time.
- Dip ½ inch of a lollipop stick into the melted wafers and insert it almost half way into a cake ball. Allow the cake pop to rest for 30 seconds or a minute to let the melted wafers harden onto the stick.
- Dip the cake ball fully into the melted wafers while holding onto the stick.
- After dipping, gently tap and rotate the stick to remove the excess candy coating.
- To decorate with white sprinkles, quickly sprinkle them onto the cake pop before the blue candy coating hardens.
- To decorate with white drizzle, allow the blue candy coating to harden. Melt white melting wafers in the microwave and use Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, shortening or oil to thin. Drizzle the melted white wafers over the blue cake pops.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.