Muddy Buddies are a delicious kid friendly snack or dessert treat.
My family love sweets but sometimes I don’t have time to make a dessert. When I want to make a sweet treat that’s quick, we make Muddy Buddies together. It so easy to make that small children can make it themselves with a little help. Muddy buddies also known as puppy chow are rice cereal squares covered in melted chocolate and peanut butter. Then the coated squares are tossed in powdered sugar. Muddy Buddies are a sweet treat that the whole family will love.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups rice cereal squares
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 1 minute. Stir mixture until smooth (microwave longer if needed). Stir in the vanilla extract. Add cereal and mix until coated. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon cereal mixture into a large plastic bag. Add powdered sugar and shake the sealed bag until coated.