Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies are an amazingly delicious combination of favorite dessert ingredients: pumpkin, cheesecake, and brownies.
One of my favorite parts of fall is baking with pumpkin. I wanted to make something different than the usually pumpkin pie or bread. So I decided to create Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies.
I always use canned pumpkin when baking since its convenient. But sometime I’m going to buy a real pumpkin and try my Good Cook Pumpkin Scoop out, which is available at Walmart, to make my own. I obviously used canned pumpkin for these brownies so they are not hard to make. To make the pumpkin cheesecake part, I beat together softened cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and an egg until smooth. Then set it aside for later use.
For the brownie batter, I mix together melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Then I beat in one egg at a time into the mixture. In another bowl, I combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. I add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and stir until incorporated. Brownies are always better with chocolate chips so I got to stir in chocolate chips. My brownie batter part is then completed.
The brownies are ready to assemble. I used a 11×7 brownie pan I received from Good Cook. It was the right size and better quality than the other pans I use. The pan is non-stick but I still always grease every dish I own. I spread most of the brownie batter into my greased pan. I reserved about 1/2 cup or a little more of the batter to use for later. The pumpkin cheesecake mixture gets spread on top of the brownie batter. Then I added spoonfuls of the reserved brownie batter on top of the cheesecake part. I used a knife to swirl the mixture layers together to give it a nice swirled affect.
The Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies are ready to go in the oven. They get baked for 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Then I let them cool for a little before I cut myself a piece. The pumpkin cheesecake and brownie flavors are a great combination, especially when enjoyed with a glass of milk.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 7x11 inch pan.
- In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, pumpkin, ¼ cup white sugar, and 1 egg until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, 1⅓ cup white sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat in 2 eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter mixture into prepared pan, reserving a ½ cup in the bowl. Spread the pumpkin mixture onto the top of the batter. Drop spoonfuls of the reserved batter on top of the pumpkin mixture. Using a knife, swirl the mixture layers for a swirled affect.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve