Chocolate and strawberries are made to go together. Enjoy the delicious combination by making my Chocolate Strawberry Muffins.
It’s February which means Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Of course, we all think about eating chocolate and strawberries so I decided to create Chocolate Strawberry Muffins.
In a large bowl, I combined the flour, baking soda and salt. Then mixed in the sugar, cocoa powder and 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips. In another bowl, I whisked together the egg and yogurt. Then I whisked in the coffee, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. The coffee enhances the chocolate flavor without leaving a coffee taste in the muffins.
I poured the yogurt mixture into the chocolate mixture and added 1 cup strawberries. I stirred the batter just until blended. I spooned the batter into the lined muffins tins so they were 3/4 full. To finish them, I sprinkled the tops with the remaining strawberries and mini chocolate chips before I put them in the oven.
The Chocolate Strawberry Muffins are a great snack for anytime and a nice treat for your sweetheart.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup coffee, chilled
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup chopped strawberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in sugar, cocoa powder and ¾ cup mini chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg and yogurt. Whisk in coffee, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Pour into chocolate mixture and add 1 cup strawberries. Stir until batter is just blended.
- Fill lined muffins tins ¾ full. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining ¼ cup strawberries and ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and Enjoy!
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
denise low says
Looks good and pretty simple recipe. Thank You
Kimberly Curtis says
Your right! Chocolate and Strawberry are very much a Valentines Day sentiment. And muffins are so quick and tasty. I loved your pictures! Coming over from SITS FB group and glad I did!
Thank you 🙂
These look delicious, Im going to have to make these for my kids!
look good &interesting .I’ll try.
Dorothy Boucher says
this has got to be a very tasty cupcake , after all it has to of the best ingredients, chocolate and strawberries, how yummy is that and i love the fact that you added coffee, because i was told that once, i still have yet to try this but someone else made a double chocolate cake and had told me they had added some coffee to this.. always learning something 🙂 thanks for share @tisonlyme143
This is just the best chocolate muffin I have ever made, I’m absolutely in love with it! Thank you for this great recipe! xx Szofi from Hungary 🙂
I’m glad you liked it! 😀
mmmmm, chocolate and strawberries, I’m in love!
I love this idea. Thanks for sharing