French Toast Sticks are a fun, kid friendly breakfast meal. Traditional french toast is cut into strips to make eating and dipping easy.
My family loves eating breakfast. I always have our freezer stocked with homemade waffles, french toast and pancakes that can be easily heated up in the morning. My child enjoys eating french toast, but cutting it can get messy. I wanted a more kid friendly version so I decided to make French Toast Sticks. It is traditional french toast that is cut into strips to make eating easier. Kids will love dipping the French Toast Sticks into maple syrup.
- 12 slices Texas Toast bread
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Cut each slice of bread into 3 pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Dip a bread stick into the egg mixture until coated. Repeat process with remaining slices.
- In a skillet or griddle, melt one tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Place dipped bread sticks onto griddle and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden bread.