Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your family by making Valentine’s Day Marshmallow Pops. The marshmallows served on lollipop sticks are covered in a candy coating and decorated with heart sprinkles.
Celebrating Valentine’s Day is always fun with kids. You get to make cute crafts and enjoy yummy treats like Pretzel Bites or Puppy Chow. Another easy kid friendly treat you can make are my Valentine’s Day Marshmallow Pops. The marshmallows on lollipop sticks are covered in a white or red candy coating and decorated with heart sprinkles. Valentine’s Day Marshmallow Pops are a cute, family friendly treat that kids will love.
- 20 marshmallows
- 8 oz. bag of red melting wafers
- 8 oz. bag of white melting wafers
- Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, shortening or oil for thinning
- 20 lollipop sticks
- Heart sprinkles
- Melt white or red wafers in the microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval until melted. If mixture is thick, thin by using Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, or mixing in 1 tsp. shortening or oil at a time until desired thinness.
- Dip ½ inch of a lollipop stick into the melted wafers and insert it almost half way into a marshmallow. Allow the marshmallow pop to rest for 30 seconds or a minute to let the melted wafers harden onto the stick.
- Dip the marshmallow fully into the melted wafers while holding onto the stick.
- After dipping, gently tap and rotate the stick to remove the excess candy coating.
- Sprinkle small heart sprinkles onto the marshmallow pop or press on a big heart sprinkle onto the marshmallow pop before the candy coating hardens.