Are you looking for a spooky dessert for Halloween? Graveyard Dirt Cake Cups will be the perfect addition to your party table or as a fun treat for the kids.
While I was shopping, I browsed through the Halloween section and saw some neat edible decorations. I found little tombstones with bones that were meant to decorate cupcakes or cakes. As soon as I saw them, I knew they would go great on top of dirt cake. If you haven’t heard of dirt cake, it is a pudding mixture layered with crushed cookies served in a bowl or in cups. To go along with the graveyard theme, I used chocolate pudding and crushed chocolate cream-filled cookies to represent dirt. The Graveyard Dirt Cake Cups are a quick, no bake dessert that is perfect for a Halloween party or as a fun treat for the kids.
- 2 (3.9 oz) packages of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3½ cups milk
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 lb. 3 oz. family sized box of chocolate cream-filled cookies
- Edible tombstones and bones
- In a bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 5 minutes until soft set. Stir in the Cool Whip.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Mix in the pudding mixture.
- Chop cookies finely in a blender or food processor until they resemble dirt.
- In serving cups, layer cookie crumbs and pudding mixture.
- Store in refrigerator. Decorate with tombstones and bones when ready to serve.