Sweet Potato Casserole is always a hit! Everyone loves yummy sweet potatoes seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg, and topped with a brown sugar pecan topping.
With the holidays almost here, making a full homemade meal can be difficult. Recently I was introduced to Barber Foods Breaded Stuffed Chicken Breasts and they have been a great dinnertime time-saver. On busy nights or when I forget to pick up dinner ingredients, I can just grab a few out of the freezer and pop them in the oven. I also like to serve my Sweet Potato Casserole alongside the chicken breasts.
I recently stocked up on Barber Foods Breaded Stuffed Chicken Breasts at my local Giant Food Store. I also used a coupon to save $1.00 off their Original Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Barber Foods chicken breasts can be found in the middle freezer section by the meat department. If you purchased Barber Foods chicken before, you will notice their brand new packaging plus they even improved the flavor.
Barber Foods Breaded Stuffed Chicken Breasts are perfect to make on busy weeknights. You just need to preheat your oven and grab a few chicken breasts out of the freezer. Then place them on a cookie sheet and bake according to the directions. Once the time is up, check the chicken’s temperature to make sure the internal temperature is 165 F. The delicious chicken is then ready to eat and enjoy.
As a side dish to go along with the chicken breasts, I like to make my Sweet Potato Casserole. It can be prepared ahead of time and then just popped in the oven close to dinnertime. It doesn’t take that much effort to make. You just need to bake the sweet potatoes in the oven. Once baked, use a spoon to scoop out their insides, which equals around 6 cups. In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, vanilla extract and milk. Transfer the sweet potato mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. For the topping, mix together the brown sugar and flour in a medium bowl. Then cut in the butter and stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the topping over the sweet potato mixture and place the casserole in the oven to bake. The Sweet Potato Casserole is a delicious side dish that everyone will enjoy.
- 6 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbs. butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 Tbs. butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Scrub sweet potatoes and prick with a fork.
- Bake in oven for one hour or until softened.
- Remove from oven and lower the temperature to 350 F.
- Allow the sweet potatoes to cool for 5 minutes then use a spoon to scoop out the insides.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, vanilla extract, eggs and milk.
- Spoon into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter and then stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the topping mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is lightly brown.
Now that I’ve shared how Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breasts make a great meal, share how you would enjoy them!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.