Snuggle up with a cup of delicious hot cocoa on a cold winter night. Once you enjoy your first cup using homemade Hot Cocoa Mix, you will never buy boxed mix again!
If you live on the East Coast, it’s the perfect weekend to be enjoying a cup of hot cocoa. The blizzard is here and it’s freezing cold outside. I’m hoping to stay inside as much as possible but my child has other plans. But I’m going to try to get my husband to be the one who’s mostly going outside and playing in the snow with her. When I say snow, I mean 32 inches of snow! Of course, each time everyone comes back inside, they need a cup of hot cocoa. I already have a batch of homemade Hot Cocoa Mix ready to go for this weekend. Homemade hot cocoa is the best and it’s easy to make. Once you try homemade hot cocoa, you will never want to buy store bought packets again.
- 5 cups dry milk powder
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry milk powder, confectioners' sugar, powdered creamer and cocoa powders until combined.
- Scoop the mixture into an airtight container.
- For a serving: In a mug, add ⅓ cup of the hot cocoa mix and pour in ¾ cup of hot water. Stir until the mix is dissolved.
You can add the dry milk powder to a food processor and process until powdery, if you want smaller granules.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.