Lemon Blueberry Muffins are a delicious twist on classic blueberry muffins. These muffins are filled with fresh blueberries and refreshing hints of lemon.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins are a delicious twist on classic blueberry muffins. They are filled with fresh blueberries with the hint of lemon. The use of lemon zest and juice in the batter makes it a refreshing breakfast treat.
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1½ cup fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 egg
- Raw turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line muffins tins with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Add blueberries to mixture.
- In a medium sized measuring cup, add vegetable oil, milk, lemon juice and an egg. Pour into the flour mixture. Mix until moistened.
- Fill each muffin cup ⅔ full. Sprinkle muffin tops with raw sugar.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until done.