M&M Popcorn Balls combine the best movie night foods into a delicious snack.
I have teamed up with #CollectiveBias and #MovieNight4Less for a fun movie night with a snack recipe. Everyone knows you have to eat popcorn and candy when watching a movie. I wanted to combine them and decided to make M&M Popcorn Balls.
I went to Walmart to pick up items for our movie night. In front of the store, they had a pallet with Warner Bros movies, Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn and M&M’s®. It was so nice since it had everything I needed.
I choose Orville Redenbacher’s kettle korn popcorn. I usually always get butter or light butter, but I wanted to try something new. I also love their pop up bowls since you can just eat the popcorn right out of the bag.
I wanted to get ready for our movie night so I had to get started making the popcorn balls. First I cooked the popcorn in the microwave. Then I scooped it into a bowl and set it aside. In a saucepan over medium heat, I combined the corn syrup, confectioners’ sugar, marshmallows, butter, water and vanilla extract. I cooked the mixture until it reached soft ball stage. Then I poured the hot mixture over the popcorn. I quickly stirred to coat the popcorn and added in the M&M’s®. I used my greased popcorn baller to quickly shape the popcorn before it cooled. I placed the popcorn balls on waxed paper to cool. Then we were ready to watch the movie and enjoy our M&M Popcorn Balls.
- 3 bags microwave popcorn
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup marshmallows
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M's®
- Cook popcorn in microwave. Scoop popcorn into a large bowl, making sure to remove uncooked kernels.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, confectioners' sugar, marshmallows, butter, water and vanilla extract. Cook and stir until mixture reaches soft ball stage around 240F.
- Pour hot sugar mixture over popcorn.
- Quickly stir to coat the popcorn and stir in the M&M's®.
- Grease hands or popcorn baller. Quickly shape the popcorn mixture into balls before it cools.
- Allow balls to cool and enjoy!