Cookie lovers won’t be able to resist these M&M’s Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches filled with marshmallow buttercream icing.
When I was shopping last week, I took notice to a green bag of M&M’s® at the checkout counter. It caught me by surprise since I have never seen a green bag before. I looked closer to see what kind it was and it said M&M’s® Crispy. I was thrilled since I am a big fan of crispy chocolate. The next time I went to Walmart, I was on a search to find a big bag of M&M’s® Crispy. I was headed to the candy aisle but I ended up finding a M&M’s® display right in front of the store by the checkouts. I was excited to try them for the first time plus I was also planning on making M&M’s® Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches with them.
M&M’s® Crispy was discontinued years ago and they are now back! They are slightly larger than normal M&M’s® and they have a crispy rice center. M&M’s® Crispy also has a lower calorie count at just 180 calories per serving. Head over to M&M’s® Crispy social hub to find more recipes and party ideas.
We have been enjoying eating M&M’s® Crispy. I actually had to pry them away from my husband so I could start making my M&M’s Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches filled with marshmallow buttercream.
After I made my M&M’s oatmeal cookie dough, I used a cookie scoop to drop my cookies. Using a cookie scoop when making cookies makes your life a lot easier. It lets you scoop out the dough easily and the cookies will also have a unified shape. I also used a non-stick silicone baking mat
on top of my cookie sheets. I use one every time I make anything on cookie sheets. It makes clean up easier and it replaces the need for parchment paper when baking.
When the cookies were done baking, I removed them from the oven and used my cookie spatula to flatten them slightly. I wanted to make sure the cookies would have flat tops since they are going to be cookie sandwiches.
I left the cookies cool completely and then made my marshmallow buttercream filling. I used about a tablespoon of filling between each cookie sandwich. It is the perfect amount to still get the filling flavor deliciousness without being overwhelming or making a mess. Next time you are wanting to make an awesome treat, make sure to make my M&M’s Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup Crispy M&M's®
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir oat mixture into sugar mixture. Then mix in M&M's®.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from oven and slightly flatten cookies with a spatula. Allow cookies to cool on sheets for 5 minutes. Then transfer cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, cream butter and then beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Fold in marshmallow creme until incorporated.
- Spoon a tablespoon of filling onto a cookie and top it with another cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Do you have a favorite type of M&M’s® or a favorite way to enjoy them?