Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches are perfect on a hot summer day. With only three ingredients, they are quick and easy to make.
One of the great things about Summertime is coming inside and enjoying a cold treat. Our fridge is always stocked with ice cream, popsicles or ice cream treats. Since it’s been so hot and humid lately, I decided to make my own Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches.
We were running low on ice cream so it was time to make a Walmart trip. One of my favorite brands of ice cream is Blue Bunny. I always like looking through all their different flavors. While I was looking I found Blue Bunny’s Super Chunky Cookie Dough and of course I had to buy it. I also bought their Cookies & Cream Ice Cream to use for my ice cream sandwiches.
When I got home, it was time to make my Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches. They actually are very quick and easy to make. They only require three ingredients which are cream filled chocolate cookies, butter and Cookies & Cream Ice Cream.
In a food processor, add in the cream filled cookies and process until they turn into crumbs. Then add in the melted butter until combined. Scoop a 1/4 cup of the cookie mixture into a mini springform pan.
Then press down on the cookie mixture with a spoon to make sure it is packed down.
Scoop a 3/4 cup of the slightly thawed Cookies & Cream Ice Cream on top. Spread the ice cream to cover the cookie mixture.
Top the ice cream with a 1/4 cup of the cookie mixture and press down.
Place the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for an hour or until you are ready to eat.
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches are delicious to eat on a hot summer day. They are fun and a little messy to eat. They are also great drizzled with chocolate syrup and eaten with a fork. Either way, Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches will be loved by everyone.
- 24 cream filled chocolate cookies
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 cups cookies and cream ice cream, slightly thawed
- In a food processor, add cream filled chocolate cookies and process until crumbs. Add in melted butter until combined.
- In a mini springform pan, scoop in ¼ cup of the cookie mixture and press down on the mixture. Scoop ¾ cup of ice cream on top and spread until cookie mixture is covered. Scoop a ¼ cup cookie mixture on top of the ice cream and press down on the mixture.
- Freeze for an hour or until ready to eat.
Have you tried Blue Bunny Ice Cream? I would love to hear your favorite flavor!