Carrot Patch Dirt Cups are the perfect dessert to make for Easter or to celebrate Spring. These chocolate pudding layered desserts are delicious and cute.
Spring is officially here! The warmer weather is just around the corner. My family has been celebrating by making fun treats. When I think of Spring, I think of Easter, flowers and gardening. I wanted to make a dessert that reminded me of Spring and I knew my Dirt Cake Cups would be perfect. I decided to make Carrot Patch Dirt Cups. If you don’t know what dirt cake is, it is a pudding dessert layered with crushed cookies. I used chocolate pudding and crushed Oreos to represent the dirt of a garden. For the carrots, I used orange M&M’s throughout the dessert cup. Then the M&M’s that were exposed on top, I decorated with a little green icing for the carrot tops. Since bunnies eat carrots, I topped each dirt cake cup with a marshmallow bunny. These adorable Carrot Patch Dirt Cups are the perfect dessert to make for Easter or to celebrate Spring.
- 2 (3.9 oz) packages of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3½ cups milk
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 lb. 3 oz. family sized box of chocolate cream-filled cookies
- Decorations: orange M&M's, green icing and marshmallow bunnies
- In a bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 5 minutes until soft set. Stir in the Cool Whip. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Mix in the pudding mixture.
- Chop cookies finely in a blender or food processor until they resemble dirt.
- In serving cups, layer cookie crumbs and pudding mixture with orange M&M's placed throughout.
- Decorate exposed orange M&M's with green icing and top with a marshmallow bunny.