Green Smoothie Waffles are delicious breakfast waffles that use the same main ingredients as a green smoothie: spinach, banana and Greek yogurt.
Green smoothies are a delicious, healthy drink. I always end up having bananas that are on the verge of being too ripe. Usually I freeze them to use in smoothies, but I wanted to make something different. I decided to make Green Smoothie Waffles. The waffles contain the same basic green smoothie ingredients: spinach, banana and Greek yogurt. Green Smoothie Waffles are a great way to add some fruit and vegetables to your morning breakfast.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. white sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 banana
- 1¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a blender, puree spinach, banana, milk, vegetable oil, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Whisk into flour mixture with beaten egg yolks until smooth.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Preheat waffle iron. Coat with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter onto the hot iron. Cook until golden brown.
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
These sound fun! I love spinach for breakfast and these are right up my alley. Pinned!
Sammi Ricke says
I love this recipe! YUM! Such healthy ingredients packaged in a fun way for both adults and kids. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Such a terrific idea ! Gotta try this soon. Pinning to share!
Melissa Ruddy says
Can not wait to try these. I make waffles each weekend for my kids but I drink a smoothie. These will all for me! Ok I guess I will share. lol