Earth Cake Pops are a cute, kid friendly dessert treat. The cake pops are covered in a blue candy coating and decorated with green candy coating to look like the Earth.
Earth Day is just a couple weeks away. It’s a great day to remind your children how important our planet is and that we should be doing more to take care of it. To celebrate our planet Earth, I decided to make Earth Cake Pops. The cake pops are covered in a blue candy coating for the oceans and decorated with green candy coating for the continents. Earth Cake Pops are a delicious fun dessert that is great for many occasions.
If you don’t know what cake pops are, they are basically cake balls covered in a candy coating and served on sticks. To make Earth Cake Pops, you need to bake a cake and allow it to cool. Then you crumble the cake into fine crumbs and add in frosting. Form the mixture into balls and place in the fridge to chill for an hour. Then dip a lollipop stick into the melted wafers and insert it into the cake ball. Each ball gets fully dipped into the melted wafers. After the candy coating hardens, decorate with melted wafers to look like the Earth. The Earth Cake Pops are a fun, kid friendly dessert that is perfect for Earth Day or school.
- 16.5 oz box of cake mix
- ¾ of a 16 oz. container of frosting
- 32 oz. bag of blue melting wafers
- 8 oz. bag or smaller of green melting wafers
- Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, shortening or oil for thinning
- 30 lollipop sticks
- Bake a 9x13 cake according to package directions. Allow cake to cool completely.
- In a bowl, crumble cake into fine crumbs and mix in about ¾ of the container of frosting.
- Form cake mixture into 1½ inch balls. Place balls covered in the fridge for an hour or more.
- Melt blue wafers in the microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval until melted. If mixture is thick, thin by using Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, or mixing in 1 tsp. shortening or oil at a time until desired thinness.
- Remove several cake balls from the fridge at a time.
- Dip ½ inch of a lollipop stick into the melted wafers and insert it almost half way into a cake ball. Allow the cake pop to rest for 30 seconds or a minute to let the melted wafers harden onto the stick.
- Dip the cake ball fully into the melted wafers while holding onto the stick.
- After dipping, gently tap and rotate the stick to remove the excess candy coating. Allow the candy coating to harden.
- Melt green wafers in the microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval until melted. Use a decorating bag or toothpick to draw the continents onto the cake ball.
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
These are fantastic!
Miz Helen says
Your Earth Cake Pops Recipe look great, so much fun!
What a cute way to celebrate earth day.
These are adorable! Absolutely adorable. Congrats, you’re featured this week at the #ThisIsHowWeRoll Link Party.
Thank you 🙂