Blueberry Waffles are a delicious breakfast for anyone who enjoys blueberries.
My family enjoys eating breakfast every morning. Since I’m not a morning people, I like to have breakfast foods that are quick and easy to prepare on hand. My freezer is stocked with homemade waffles, french toast and pancakes that can be heated up in the morning. Waffles are one of my favorite breakfast choices. Sometimes I even eat them for lunch or as a snack. To make homemade Blueberry Waffles, you need a waffle maker or I use my 5-in-1 Griddler with waffle inserts. Then you just need to make the batter and fill the waffle maker. Blueberry Waffles are a delicious breakfast that can be topped with anything you want: whipped cream, blueberry syrup or maple syrup.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. white sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¾ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk in milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and beaten egg yolks until smooth.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites and blueberries into the batter.
- Preheat waffle iron. Coat with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter onto the hot iron. Cook until golden brown.