Cookie Monster Cake Pops are a cute, kid friendly dessert treat for a Sesame Street birthday party.
Cake pops are a fun, delicious dessert especially for kids. If you don’t know what cake pops are, they are basically cake balls covered in a candy coating and served on sticks. They can be decorated in countless ways to fit any occasion or theme. If your kids are Sesame Street fans, then they would love my Cookie Monster Cake Pops. The cake pops are covered in blue candy coating and blue sanding sugar. They are decorated with candy eyeballs and a cookie inside the black candy coated mouth. The Cookie Monster Cake Pops would be the perfect kid friendly dessert for a Sesame Street birthday party.
- 16.5 oz box of cake mix
- ¾ of a 16 oz. container of frosting
- 32 oz. bag of blue melting wafers
- 8 oz. bag of black melting wafers
- Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, shortening or oil for thinning
- 30 lollipop sticks
- Blue sanding sugar
- 60 candy eyes
- 30 Cookie Crisp cereal pieces
- Bake a 9x13 cake according to package directions. Allow cake to cool completely.
- In a bowl, crumble cake into fine crumbs and mix in about ¾ of the container of frosting.
- Form cake mixture into 1½ inch balls. Place balls covered in the fridge for an hour or more.
- Melt blue wafers in the microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval until melted. If mixture is thick, thin by using Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, or mixing in 1 tsp. shortening or oil at a time until desired thinness.
- Remove several cake balls from the fridge at a time.
- Using a knife, cut a triangle slice out of the cake ball to make Cookie Monster's mouth.
- Dip ½ inch of a lollipop stick into the melted wafers and insert it almost half way into a cake ball. Allow the cake pop to rest for 30 seconds or a minute to let the melted wafers harden onto the stick.
- Dip the cake ball fully into the melted wafers while holding onto the stick.
- After dipping, gently tap and rotate the stick to remove the excess candy coating.
- Quickly sprinkle the blue sanding sugar all over the cake ball until covered and press on the two eyes before the candy coating hardens.
- Melt black wafers in the microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval until melted. Use a decorating bag or a toothpick to draw on Cookie Monster's mouth with the black melted wafers.
- Quickly press on a cookie onto Cookie Monster's mouth before the black candy coating hardens.
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Teri @ The Freshman Cook says
These are adorable!