Strawberry Waffles are a delicious breakfast especially for strawberry lovers.
Waffles are one of my favorite breakfast options. Occasionally, I even eat them for lunch or as a snack. To make homemade Strawberry Waffles, you need a waffle maker. I like to use my 5-in-1 Griddler with waffle inserts. Then you just need to make the batter, fill the waffle plates and let it cook. Strawberry Waffles are a delicious breakfast that can be topped with anything you want: whipped cream, strawberry syrup or maple syrup.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. white sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¾ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk in milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and beaten egg yolks until smooth.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites and strawberries into the batter.
- Preheat waffle iron. Coat with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter onto the hot iron. Cook until golden brown.