Chocolate Chip Waffles are a delicious breakfast meal that can be topped with syrup, fruit or anything you choose.
Since I’m not a morning people, I make sure to have breakfast foods that are quick and easy to prepare on hand. I have my freezer stocked with homemade waffles, french toast and pancakes that can be easily heated up in the morning. If I’m not eating cereal, then waffles are usually my breakfast choice. To make homemade waffles, you just need a waffle maker or I use my 5-in-1 Griddler with waffle inserts. Then you just need to make the batter and start cooking. Chocolate Chip Waffles are a delicious breakfast meal that can be topped with fruit, syrup or anything you wish.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. white sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¾ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk in milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and beaten egg yolks until smooth.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites and chocolate chips into the batter.
- Preheat waffle iron. Coat with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter onto the hot iron. Cook until golden brown.