Cinnamon Sugar Baked Doughnuts are a delicious sweet breakfast treat that the whole family will love.
Doughnuts are always a delicious treat especially when enjoyed with a hot cup of coffee. Instead of buying fried doughnuts at the store, we make our own baked doughnuts at home using a donut pan. Some of our favorites are my Mint Chocolate Chip Doughnuts and Strawberry Shortcake Doughnuts. While we were shopping one day, my daughter discovered the cinnamon sugar coated doughnuts in the display. We decided to make our own Cinnamon Sugar Baked Doughnuts when we got back home. We made the doughnut batter and filled the donut pan. Then after it was done baking, we coated each doughnut in cinnamon sugar. My family loved them! The Cinnamon Sugar Baked Doughnuts are a delicious sweet breakfast treat or even a late night sugary snack.
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease a doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add in the milk, eggs, and butter. Mix until just combined. Fill each doughnut cavity until ⅔ full.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until done. Allow to cool.
- In a microwaveable bowl, microwave butter for 30 seconds or until melted. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip each doughnut in the melted butter. Then cover each doughnut in the cinnamon sugar mixture.