Orange Cranberry Bread is a yummy bread especially when enjoyed during the fall.
I love the holiday season: baking and spending time with loved ones. Giving baked goods is a great idea since everyone enjoys to eat food. In the spirit of the holidays and the popular fruit this time of year, I decided to make Orange Cranberry Bread in my newly received Sweet Creations by Good Cook Mini Loaf Pan. It is nonstick so the loaves come out easily. The pan makes 4 mini loaves which is great for gift giving.
I use four oranges in my bread. I juiced 4 oranges to get one cup of juice and zested 3 of them. I didn’t zest the last one just because it was getting late. I also used Craisins instead of fresh cranberries in the bread. Craisins are dried sweetened cranberries so they do not have the tart taste. According to their website, they do not need to be plumped before using in baked goods. But I still soaked the Craisins in the orange juice for a half hour to soak up the orange flavor.
In a bowl, I whisked together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then I stirred in the orange zest. In a large bowl, I creamed together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar and egg until smooth. I mixed in the cranberries with orange juice. Then I added in the flour mixture just until moistened. You do not want to overmix bread/ muffin batter.
I spooned the batter into my mini loaf pan and baked for 35 minutes. When bread is done, you can lightly touch the top of the loaf and it will spring back. Once cool, they can be wrapped in pretty parchment paper to be given away.
- 1½ cups Craisins dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. orange zest
- ¼ butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- In a bowl, combine Craisins and orange juice. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 4 cup mini loaf pan or 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in orange zest.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar and egg until smooth. Mix in Craisins and orange juice, then mix in flour mixture until just moistened. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes for mini loaf pan or 1 hour for 9x5 loaf pan, or until done.