Mint Brownies are a refreshing chocolate dessert. They are made up of three layers: brownies, mint frosting, and chocolate topping.
St. Patrick’s Day is in a couple weeks so I had to make something in celebration. The first two things I thought of were the color green and mint so I made Mint Brownies. They are made up of three parts: brownie, mint layer and chocolate topping.
To make the brownie part, I put the butter in a large saucepan on the stove. Once it was melted, I removed it from the stove. In a bowl, I combined the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Then I stir in the chocolate chips and set the bowl aside. In the melted butter saucepan, I mixed in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Then I whisked in the flour mixture until blended.
I spread the batter into my greased 9×13 inch pan. Then I baked it for around 25 minutes until its done. I let the brownies cool completely on the counter top.
For the mint layer, I used my stand mixer. I beat the confectioners’ sugar, butter, milk, peppermint extract and green food coloring until smooth and fluffy. I spread it over the cooled brownies. I covered the brownies and placed them in the fridge for several minutes until I was ready to add the topping.
The last part was making the topping for the brownies. I melted my chocolate in the microwave to save time. I placed the chocolate chips and butter in a glass measuring cup and placed it in the microwave. I microwaved it for 30 seconds at 50% power, stirred, put it back in for 30 seconds at 50% power and stirred to make sure it was completely melted. I let the chocolate cool slightly and then poured it over the top of the mint layer. I covered the pan and refrigerated it for over an hour before cutting. The Mint Brownies are a great refreshing dessert.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 Tbs. milk
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In the melted butter saucepan, mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk in flour mixture until blended. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Cool completely.
- In a bowl, cream the butter. Then beat inconfectioners' sugar, milk, peppermint extract and green food coloring until smooth & fluffy.
- Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until set.
- Melt chocolate and butter. Let cool slightly. Spread over the top of the mint layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before cutting.
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Dorothy Boucher says
oh wow , talk about delicious.. wish i was more handy in the kitchen, or had the proper tools, you have some yummy recipes 🙂 thanks for share @tisonlyme143
Andrea B (@goodgirlgonered) says
These look fantastic. I pinned you! Love the chocolate and mint combo. 🙂
Lisa Schweizer says
Chocolate and mint, need I say more!! Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe 🙂
Elena Shetty says
This mint brownies are perfect for my St. Patrick’s Day party. Can’t wait to show Mom how girly her daughter is. Thank you so much for the recipe.
Anna Kate says
I live Chocolate. Thank you so much for the recipe!