Avocado Egg Salad is a yummy twist on the classic egg salad for anyone who likes avocados.
My grandma gave us a dozen onion shelled hard-boiled eggs on Easter that I need to use up. I wanted something a little different than normal egg salad so I made Avocado Egg Salad. It’s a yummy twist on the classic egg salad for anyone who likes avocados.
Avocado Egg Salad has most of the same ingredients as normal egg salad. But it has avocados, red onion and lime juice added to it. It’s really easy to make. I just have to mash the eggs, cube the avocados, minced the onions, squeeze a lime and add the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Then mix gently and its ready to enjoy.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, cubed
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper
- In a bowl, add eggs and mash with a fork.
- Add the cubed avocados, minced onion, mayo, relish, mustard, lime juice, and paprika to the bowl.
- Gently mix the ingredients together until blended.
- Season with salt & pepper.