Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting topped with SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squared is the ultimate chocolate lover dessert!
I, of course, love chocolate. But what I love even more is chocolate and peanut butter together. When I recently learned about SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squared, I knew I had to buy some to try. Besides just snacking on them, I decided to incorporate them in my Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting recipe.
While I was at the store picking up SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squared, I found another type of SNICKERS® that I have never tried before. SNICKERS® Xtreme candy bar is covered in milk chocolate and filled with all nuts and caramel. The SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares are covered with milk chocolate too but filled with peanut butter, peanuts, caramel and nougat. If you also love SNICKERS®, you can find more recipes and fun stories on the SNICKERS® social hub.
I always enjoy watching SNICKERS® you aren’t you when you’re hungry commercials. I know when I get hungry, I get pretty grumpy and irritable so I can definitely relate. SNICKERS® is even hosting a fun “Who are you when you’re hungry?” contest. You can enter by uploading a personal photo or video from your Computer, Facebook, Instagram or use the SNICKERS® Meme Generator to create something new! The voting will begin at Noon on 5/11/15 and ends at 11:59:59AM ET on 7/15/15.
My mom would frequently make chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting for parties and holidays when I was growing up. Then I eventually became in charge of making the desserts at all of our family events. I occasionally make my chocolate cake with peanut butter icing for holidays. It is also my husband’s favorite kind of cake.
Since I just discovered SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squared, I decided to incorporate it into my chocolate cake recipe. After the two layers of chocolate cake were baked and cooled, I made my peanut butter frosting. I covered the top of one of the layers with the frosting. Then sprinkled on chopped up pieces of SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squared. I stacked the second layer of cake on top and then covered the cake with frosting. I used the remaining SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squared pieces as the topping on the frosted cake. The SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squared were the perfect compliment to my Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting.
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot coffee
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cup confectioners's sugar
- 2 Tbs. milk, or until desired
- 1 cup chopped SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squared
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, milk, vanilla extract and butter. Mix with an electric mixer mix for 2 minutes. Then hand stir in the coffee. Pour the mixture into the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes. Then invert the cakes onto wire racks to cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat together butter and peanut butter. Gradually mix in sugar, and the milk as needed. Beat frosting for 5 minutes.
- Cover the top of one of the cakes with frosting, then sprinkle with a ½ cup of SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squared. Stack the second cake on top. Then cover the top and sides of the cake with the frosting. Sprinkle the remaining SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squared on top of the frosted cake.