To make learning last, we have to make learning fun. Leapfrog has been making learning fun for years. They began with their interactive readers, and now they have interactive products that take learning to another level. Their LeapPad Platinum, Imagicards, and Word Whammer products make learning fun in this age of technology.
Learning Fun with Leapfrog – It’s a New Leapfrog
Leapfrog is staying at the forefront of technology and learning fun. Their child education products use interactivity to make learning fun. With the LeapPad platinum, kids can learn while they use a tablet just like mommy and daddy’s. Imagicards allow kids to make that tablet experience more interactive. Word Whammer offers a blend of tactile and digital interaction to keep kids focused on the fun of learning.
The LeapPad platinum offers a tablet experience for kids that’s second to none. Its design and features make learning fun, and allows kids to use a “big kid” tablet that’s specifically designed for the little ones.
- Durable design to handle the rough handling of children
- 7″ hi resolution multi-touch capacitive screen
- Access to over 1,000 games and apps designed or approved by LeapFrog educators
- Kid-Safe Web – WiFi enabled kid-safe browser, so kids can explore what they love
- Front and rear camera/recorder
- 8GB memory
- Unlock more play with Imagicards
My three year old loves the Leapfrog Platinum. She can easily navigate through the tablet to the apps she wants. The tablet comes preloaded with several demo games to play. But if you want more games, you have to pay to download the apps or purchase game cartridges. I ended up buying a Learning Friends: Preschool Adventures game cartridge for my daughter to play. She has been really enjoying it and it’s actually the only game she has been playing lately. I’m also planning on buying her more games for Christmas. Even with having to purchase games, The Leapfrog Platinum is still cheaper than purchasing an iPad for your child. The Leapfrog Platinum is a great tablet that is safe and made for children.
Imagicards make the LeapPad Platinum even more engrossing for kids than ever. With Imagicards, learning fun is kicked up two notches, with interactive play designed to stimulate learning and imagination, and make the LeapPad Platinum a completely interactive experience.
- Downloadable learning games with companion cards
- Activate Imagicards by using the LeapPad Platinum camera
- Bring characters to life and unlock new areas of games
- Paw Patrol – Unleash math skills and save the day
- Letter Factory – Reading is fun with 6 games and 18 carnival attractions
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Turtletastic math games with the Turtles
Imagicards are a unique way to play games on Leapfrog tablets. While your child is playing the app game, it will ask them to pick a certain card from the deck and then they have to take a picture of it. You just want to make sure the room they are playing in has enough light for the camera to be able to see the card. The Imagicards are a nice way to get your child to interact a little more physically with the game. I’m not sure if it’s the best game for my three year old to play though since losing the cards will be very easy to do.
Word Whammer makes learning fun with a tactile learning approach that combines on screen graphics and hand movements to help kindergarten students strengthen their letter and word skills.
- Match upper and lower case letters by turning the handle to bump the car into the correct answer
- Thrust the handle to blast the rocket into letters to spell over 100 words
- Quickly twist the handle to spin the teacup into the correct answer
I was a little concerned that the Word Whammer would be too hard for my three year old but she proved me wrong. She learned right away that she needed to turn the handle a certain way to select a letter in the game. She has been doing great playing the game and selecting the correct letters. The Word Whammer is great game for reinforcing or learning letters and words.
Next Level Learning Fun with Leapfrog
Leapfrog makes learning fun like never before. With their combination of exciting apps and interactive Imagicards on the LeapPad Platinum to the combination of gaming and physical play of the Word Whammer, Leapfrog has made learning fun in a way that will keep any child occupied and eager to do more learning with Leapfrog.
As LeapFrog Mom Ambassador, I receive products, promotional items and educational material to use and share as I see fit. However, any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my experience.