Creme Egg Brownie Cupcakes will be enjoyed by anyone who loves Creme Eggs. Each chocolate brownie cupcake is stuffed with a Creme Egg and topped with chocolate covered frosting.
Creme Eggs are a popular Easter candy. Instead of just eating them like normal, I decided to use them to make Creme Egg Brownie Cupcakes. If you don’t know what a brownie cupcake is, they are chocolate brownies baked in cupcake liners and topped with frosting. Creme Egg Brownie Cupcakes are stuffed with a Creme Egg. Then topped with frosting to resemble an egg inside and coated with chocolate. Anyone who loves Creme eggs will enjoy these Creme Egg Brownie Cupcakes.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 creme eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp. clear vanilla extract
- 4 Tbs. milk
- Yellow coloring
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place liners into a cupcake pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add in chocolate chips.
- In the melted butter saucepan, mix in white sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk in flour mixture until blended.
- Fill each liner partially with batter and place a creme egg in the middle. Fill each liner ¾ full with batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until done. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar alternately with the milk and vanilla extract. Beat until fluffy.
- Place ¼ of the frosting into another bowl. Mix in yellow coloring.
- Pipe yellow frosting onto the top middle of each cooled brownie cupcake.
- Pipe white frosting around and on top of the yellow frosting.
- Place frosted brownie cupcakes in fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Holding each chilled brownie cupcake by the bottom, dip the frosting into the cooled chocolate coating. Allow to dry.
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
These looks like something my husband would enjoy. So creative! He loves those creme eggs!
mmmmmmm these look awesome! I just found cadbury egg COOKIES at target! Holy YUM!!
Julie @ Back To My Southern Roots says
Wow, what a cupcake! That looks divine!
Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats says
This is genius!!! Pinning to make next Easter!