Change up your normal boring lunch with BLT Pinwheels! These tortilla roll ups are also great as an appetizer or party food.
Making lunch at home can get boring. I often get into a routine of rotating between the same meal options. But after awhile, I need to break the routine and start spicing up our lunches again. To procrastinate cleaning the house, I started browsing Pinterest and saw a pin for turkey roll ups. I’m not sure how I forgot about making roll ups aka pinwheels. I even posted a recipe for my Mexican version of Tortilla Roll Ups a few years ago. I started thinking about what kind of pinwheels I wanted to make for lunch. I knew I wanted something my family would enjoy, but I didn’t want to eat anymore lunch meat. My family always loves BLT sandwiches so I decided to make BLT Pinwheels.
Tortilla roll ups aka tortilla pinwheels are always easy to make. For BLT Pinwheels, you just need to mix together the softened cream cheese and mayo in a bowl. Then stir in the precooked crumbled bacon and tomatoes. Spread the mixture onto the tortillas and top with lettuce. Roll up each tortilla and refrigerate for an hour. Then slice each rolled tortilla into one inch slices and start eating. BLT Pinwheels are delicious for lunch, but they are also great as an appetizer or party dish.
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and mayonnaise. Stir in the bacon and tomatoes.
- Spread the mixture onto the tortillas. Sprinkle lettuce on top.
- Roll up each tortilla. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut each rolled tortilla into 1 inch slices.
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Creamy Citrus Power Burst Smoothie by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Thumbprint Flower Pot by Upstate Ramblings
- Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Faux Gilded Easter Eggs by How Was Your Day?
- Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins by Food Fun Family
- Strawberry Meringue Dream Clouds by A Day in Motherhood
- Crock Pot Ham Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Baseball Subway Art Printable by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Tuna Noodle Casserole the Whole Family Will Actually Love by Views from the Ville
- Coconut Oil Fudge by Jen Around the World
- Cheesy Irish Soda Bread by Mom Does it All
- Strawberry Mojito Cupcake Recipe by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dr. Seuss Hand print Craft: Thing 1 and Thing 2 by Beyond Mommying
- Taco Pizza by Sincerely Mindy
- Mini Irish Flag Fruit Skewers for St. Patrick’s Day by Baby Loving Mama
- Beeswax and Coconut Oil Tart Melts by Savvy Saving Couple
- Packing the Perfect Plane Bag by The Guavalicious Life
- Easy Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe by The Socialite’s Closet
- Nail Polish Marbled Coasters by Style on Main
- Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe with Potatoes by Roasted Beanz
- How to make Easter Blondie Bites by Mommy Snippets
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Would have much rather had this for dinner tonight than what we actually had! humm. . . there is always tomorrow! (my kids will thank you too) Pinning and tweeting to share.
Miz Helen says
These are awesome Pinwheels!
I was an adult before I had my first pinwheel..actually probably less than two years ago. They are AMAZING. What have I been doing my whole life?
These look amazing! Cream Cheese and Bacon? YUM!
The BLT pinwheel are as good as they look in the picture. Even the men in our Dance club liked them.
Kirtika Saha says
It’s looks so delicious and yummy recipe. Good post! Thanks for sharing. Really very useful and informative post.