Instead of buying frozen or fried nuggets for your children, make them homemade Baked Parmesan Chicken Nuggets for a kid friendly meal.
Chicken nuggets are a very popular choice for children. My daughter asks to eat them on a frequent basis. Instead of giving her frozen or fried nuggets, I decided to make a healthier option, Baked Parmesan Chicken Nuggets. The chicken pieces are coated in panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, and baked in the oven. Baked Parmesan Chicken Nuggets are a delicious kid friendly meal.
- 1½ lbs. chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place a greased wire rack onto a baking sheet.
- Cut chicken tenderloins into 1 1//2 inch pieces.
- In a plastic bag or bowl, mix together the panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the beaten eggs. Place the coated chicken pieces into the crumb mixture and toss until well coated.
- Place the chicken pieces onto the wire rack and spray with oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning half way.