Apple Crisp with vanilla ice cream is a perfect dessert to enjoy on a chilly evening.
The holiday season is always a very busy time of year. Some nights it can be hard to make a fully homemade meal. Marie Callender’s pot pies is a quick dinner option on those busy chilly evenings. Check out Marie Callender’s website to learn more about their product and then visit here to find more recipes. I have teamed up with #CollectiveBias and Marie Callender #EasyAsPotPie to also bring you a delicious recipe to make along with your pot pie.
I had to go to Walmart to pick up a Marie Callender’s pie for dinner and ingredients for my dessert recipe. The pot pies are found in the frozen entree aisle.
I choose a Marie Callender’s Beef Pot Pie to make for dinner. The pot pie has homemade gravy mixed with vegetables and premium USDA beef in a golden flaky crust that’s made from scratch.
The pot pie was very simple to make. I just had to tear off the top of the box and place it in the microwave for 9 minutes. It was a yummy dinner to enjoy on a busy night.
After we finished our pot pie, it was time for dessert. I decided to make an Apple Crisp to go along with our meal.
An Apple Crisp is very easy to make. First, I had to peel, core and slice the Granny Smith apples. I tossed the apples in sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour. Then poured them into the baking dish. For the topping, I combined oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Then I cut in butter into the mixture. I sprinkled the oat mixture over the apples and baked it in the oven. Once it was cooled slightly, I topped each serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Apple Crisp was an awesome dessert to enjoy after eating comfort food.
- 5 cups Granny Smith apple slices
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1½ tsp. flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 8x8 inch pan.
- Place apple slices in a large bowl. Sprinkle apples with white sugar, 1½ tsp. flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss until thoroughly mixed and apples are covered. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter into the oat mixture. Sprinkle mixture over apples in baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Top single servings with ice cream and enjoy!