Disney FROZEN fans will love FROZEN Cake Pops. The cake pops are covered in a blue candy coating. Then decorated with snowflake sprinkles, sugar crystals and white ball sprinkles for a fun dessert treat.
My daughter loves Disney’s FROZEN movie. It is the most frequently watched movies in our house. Of course, we always have a snack or treat during our movie nights. In the past, I have made FROZEN Funfetti Cupcakes and FROZEN Hidden Snowflake Cupcakes. I wanted a fun dessert treat that was a little different. So I decided to make FROZEN Cake Pops. The cake pops are covered in blue candy coated. Then decorated with snowflake sprinkles, sugar crystals and white ball sprinkles. FROZEN Cake Pops are the perfect dessert treat for any Disney FROZEN fan.
If you don’t know what cake pops are, they are basically cake balls covered in a candy coating and served on sticks. To make FROZEN Cake Pops, you need to bake a cake and allow it to cool. Then you crumble the cake into fine crumbs and add in frosting. Form the mixture into balls and place in the fridge to chill for an hour. Then dip a lollipop stick into the melted wafers and insert it into the cake ball. Each ball gets fully dipped into the melted wafers. Before the candy coating hardens, decorate the cake pops with sprinkles. FROZEN Cake Pops are a fun, kid friendly dessert.
- 16.5 oz box of cake mix
- ¾ of a 16 oz. container of frosting
- 32 oz. bag of light blue melting wafers
- Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, shortening or oil for thinning
- 30 lollipop sticks
- White round sprinkles
- White gourmet sugar sprinkles
- Snowflake sprinkles
- Bake a 9x13 cake according to package directions. Allow cake to cool completely.
- In a bowl, crumble cake into fine crumbs and mix in about ¾ of the container of frosting.
- Form cake mixture into 1½ inch balls. Place balls covered in the fridge for an hour or more.
- Melt light blue wafers in the microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval until melted. If mixture is thick, thin by using Wilton Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid, or mixing in 1 tsp. shortening or oil at a time until desired thinness.
- Remove several cake balls from the fridge at a time.
- Dip ½ inch of a lollipop stick into the melted wafers and insert it almost half way into a cake ball. Allow the cake pop to rest for 30 seconds or a minute to let the melted wafers harden onto the stick.
- Dip the cake ball fully into the melted wafers while holding onto the stick.
- After dipping, gently tap and rotate the stick to remove the excess candy coating.
- Sprinkle on white round sprinkles and white sugar sprinkles on the cake pops before the candy coating hardens. Or press on snowflake sprinkles and sprinkle on the white sugar sprinkles before the candy coating hardens.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.