Hidden Heart Chocolate Cupcakes are the perfect chocolate dessert to make your loved ones. The chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting has hidden red velvet cake hearts inside.
Show your love this Valentine’s Day by making your family a delicious dessert. You could make Conversation Heart Cake Pops or Valentine’s Day Vanilla Cupcakes. But if they are chocolate lovers, then you need to make Hidden Heart Chocolate Cupcakes. Each chocolate cupcake has a hidden red velvet cake heart inside. The cupcakes are covered in chocolate frosting and topped with a heart sprinkle. Hidden Heart Chocolate Cupcakes are the perfect Valentine’s Day chocolate dessert.
- Pre-made red velvet cake
- Heart cutter
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 3½ cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Large Heart sprinkles
- Using a heart cookie cutter, cut out 30 hearts out of the pre-made red velvet cake. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, milk, vanilla extract and butter. Mix with an electric mixer mix for 2 minutes. Then hand stir in the coffee.
- Pour the batter into each cupcake liner until the bottoms are covered. Place a red velvet heart into each cupcake liner and fill with batter until ⅔ full.
- Bake for 22 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes and then place cupcakes onto wire racks to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in sugar mixture, milk and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Top each frosted cupcakes with a large heart sprinkle.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.