Strawberry Banana Bread is a delicious way to use up overripe bananas and strawberries.
We love eating banana bread in our household. I had bananas and strawberries that needed used so I decided to make Strawberry Banana Bread. To easily mash bananas, I always put the ripe bananas in a baggie and squeeze them to mush. It’s fast and I can just pour out the mashed bananas.
After I mashed the bananas, I cut up the strawberries and set them aside. In a bowl, I combined the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
In a large bowl, I mixed together the eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce and vanilla extract. I added in the strawberries and bananas.
Then I added in the flour mixture just until blended. I poured the batter into two 9×5 inch pans. I baked them for 1 hour until they were done. I used my Good Cook Ceramic Loaf Pan which baked it great plus it made my bread more presentable. The Strawberry Banana Bread is a great snack and a nice twist on banana bread.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 3 bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two 9x5 inch pans.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce and vanilla extract. Mix in strawberries and bananas. Add in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Bake for 1 hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.