Instead of eating the same plain french toast in the morning, enjoy Orange Juice French Toast for a refreshing breakfast.
My family are big breakfast eaters. I always make sure our freezer is stocked with homemade waffles, french toast and pancakes to heat up in the morning. We were running low on french toast and I needed to make another batch. I like to make a variety of french toast by using different spices, soaks and coatings. I looked around my kitchen for an idea and found a container of orange juice in the fridge. Orange juice is the perfect breakfast drink so I decided to use it to make Orange Juice French Toast for a refreshing breakfast.
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 12 slices Texas Toast bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, orange juice, milk and cinnamon.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture until coated. Repeat process with remaining slices.
- In a skillet or griddle, melt one tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Place dipped bread slice onto griddle and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden bread.
- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Krystal Chiarolla says
We just had puffed French Toast last night, and this recipe has intrigued me. Will need to bookmark.
Mother of 3 says
That sounds like a nice variation. We made egg nog french toast over the holidays and my kids gobbled it up. Pinned to try.
Miz Helen says
We will love this recipe for French Toast it looks delicious!
Lindsay @ The DIY Mommy says
Love this version of french toast!! Pinning!!
Adelina Priddis says
This sounds absolutely scrumptious!
How surprising! I just made french toast today. Will definitely add in orange juice next time.