Do you like cranberry sauce or have leftover cranberry sauce? Make my Cranberry Sauce Pie!
Cranberry sauce is one of my favorite holiday dishes. I usually make a big portion of it so we can eat it for several days. To use up some of our leftover cranberry sauce, I decided to make a Cranberry Sauce Pie. The pie is made of three layers: gingersnap crust, cream cheese filling and topped with cranberry sauce.
To make the gingersnap crust, I put gingersnap cookies in my little single serve blender to make them into a sand consistency. In a bowl, I combine melted butter and the cookie crumbs. Then I press the mixture into my Good Cook Nonstick 9 in. Pie Pan pie pan that I received. I bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes and let cool.
For the filling, I mix together cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in my stand mixer until smooth. Then I gradually add in confectioners’ sugar. I spread the cream cheese mixture onto the cooled crust. Then top with my leftover cranberry sauce.
Cranberry Sauce Pie is easy to make and a great way to use up leftover cranberry sauce.
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 6 Tbs. melted butter
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbs. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups thick cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place gingersnap cookies into a blender, blend until sand consistency.
- In a bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture into pie pan.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Spread cranberry sauce on top.
- Chill and Enjoy!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.