Sand Cake is a great sweet treat or after school snack for children. The layered dessert has a pudding layer and a crushed cookie layer.
To celebrate back to school, I teamed up with #CollectiveBias and #AddCoolWhip. Children are always hungry as soon as they get home and want an after school snack. An easy kid dessert I make for my family is Sand Cake, which is my twist on dirt cake.
I went to Walmart to pick up a few of the ingredients to make the Sand Cake. I even had coupons (while supplies last) for a $1 off a container of Cool Whip and $1 off two boxes of Jello pudding to use. I like to use lemon pudding in our Sand Cake but you could substitute vanilla pudding instead.
First thing, I had to do was let the Cool Whip thaw out in my fridge until I was ready to use it the next day.
Sand Cake is very easy to make and kids can even help with mixing. In a large bowl, I whisked the Jello pudding mix and milk for 5 minutes until it was soft set. Then I added the Cool Whip to the pudding mixture.
In another bowl, I creamed together the softened butter and cream cheese. I added the the pudding mixture to it. Then I sat the bowl to the side until I am ready to assemble the Sand Cake. For the cookie part, I used my generic bullet style blender to chop up the cookies until they resembled sand. I then layer the pudding mixture and the cookie crumbs into a big clear bowl or little cups, making sure there are extra crumbs around the sides. I also like to decorate the dessert with teddy bear snacks and umbrellas for a fun beach theme that kids love.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3.9 oz) packages of Jello instant lemon pudding mix
- 3½ cups milk
- 8 oz. container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 32 oz. box of golden cookies with cream
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 5 minutes until soft set. Mix in the Cool Whip.
- In another large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Mix in the pudding mixture.
- Chop cookies finely in a blender or food processor until they resemble sand.
- In a large clear bowl or serving cups, layer cookie crumbs and pudding mixture.
- Chill and Enjoy!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.