Cap’n Crunch French Toast is a delicious breakfast that adults and children will love. Each slice of custard dipped bread is coated with Cap’n Crunch cereal.
This summer has flown by and now it’s almost back-to-school time. As you already know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially for children. It provides energy to start the day, and improves concentration and performance in the classroom. My family always makes sure to eat breakfast every morning. We enjoy eating a variety of different breakfast items like cereal, eggs, waffles, pancakes and Cap’n Crunch French Toast.
While I was at Walmart, I decided to stock up on some breakfast items. Of course, I had to buy more Cap’n Crunch: Crunch Berries cereal. It was one of my favorite cereals as a child and now I enjoy using it to make Cap’n Crunch French Toast.
I purchased Quaker Instant Oatmeal Original for my husband since he likes to eat oatmeal for breakfast occasionally.
I also bought a value pack of Quaker Chewy Bars Chocolate Chip that came with a bonus Birthday Cake Bar. My family eats them as snacks or for a quick breakfast while we are on the run.
Since I was buying Cap’n Crunch cereal, I also bought a loaf of brioche bread in the bakery area for french toast. The next morning, I decided to make Cap’n Crunch French Toast for breakfast. It is just like normal french toast but it is coated with crushed Cap’n Crunch cereal.
Cap’n Crunch French Toast is not hard to make. You just need to crush the cereal in a large plastic bag and use a rolling pin over it. Then whisk together the custard mixture and dip the bread slices into it. Once coated, the slices get dipped into the crushed cereal and then cooked on the stove. Cap’n Crunch French Toast will be loved by both adults and children at breakfast time.
- 4 cups Cap'n Crunch or Cap'n Crunch Berries cereal
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 8 slices Brioche bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a large plastic bag, crush cereal into crumbs with a rolling pin. Pour crumbs into a dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Dip a slice of bread into the egg mixture until coated. Then remove and dip the slice of bread into the cereal crumbs until covered. Repeat process with remaining slices.
- In a skillet or griddle, melt one tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat. Add four cereal covered bread slices and cook for 3-4 minutes. Repeat process with remaining slices.
What Quaker products does your child love?
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.