Does you family love graham crackers? Now they can enjoy them during breakfast in Graham Cracker French Toast.
My family always eats breakfast everyday. They have their choice of a hot breakfast or cereal. If it’s not an egg breakfast, then they can open the freezer and heat up homemade waffles, french toast and pancakes. I needed to make more french toast, but I wanted something a little different. I found a box of graham crackers in the cupboard and I thought they would be great for coating pieces of french toast. I made a batch and my family loved the Graham Cracker French Toast.
- 1 packet of graham crackers (8 crackers)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 8 slices Brioche bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a large plastic bag, crush graham crackers into crumbs. Pour crumbs into a dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Dip a slice of bread into the egg mixture until coated. Then remove and dip the slice of bread into the graham cracker crumbs until covered. Repeat process with remaining slices.
- In a skillet or griddle, melt one tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat. Add four graham cracker covered bread slices and cook for 3-4 minutes. Repeat process with remaining slices.