Baked Mint Chocolate Chip Doughnuts are great anytime of day. They have a delicious mint flavor with chocolate chips in every bite and a chocolate glaze.
I love the flavor combination of mint and chocolate. I wanted to enjoy it in a new way than just eating ice cream or chocolate mints. Since I have been craving doughnuts, I decided to make Baked Mint Chocolate Chip Doughnuts. I bought a donut pan a few months ago and I have been having so much fun with it. My family can enjoy doughnuts whenever we want now. We also don’t feel that guilty eating them since they are baked instead of being fried like store bought doughnuts. Baked Mint Chocolate Chip Doughnuts have a delicious mint flavor with chocolate chips in every bite. To add to the chocolate goodness, they are topped with a chocolate glaze. These Mint Chocolate Chip Doughnuts are great anytime of day as breakfast, a snack, dessert or green themed treat for St. Patrick’s Day.
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- ½ tsp. mint extract
- Green food coloring
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 tsp. light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease a doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, mini chocolate chips, baking powder and salt. Add in the milk, eggs, butter, mint extract and green food coloring. Mix until just combined. Fill each doughnut cavity until ⅔ full.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until done.
- Put the chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Place back in microwave for 20 seconds or until mixture is melted.
- Dip the top of each doughnut into the chocolate glaze.