Strawberry Shortcake Doughnuts are a great twist on traditional strawberry shortcake. These baked doughnuts are filled with whipped cream and strawberries.
Strawberries are one of my family’s favorite types of fruit. We always look forward to strawberry season and going strawberry picking every year. Of course, we always bring home a huge container of strawberries. I decided to use our freshly picked strawberries to make Strawberry Shortcake Doughnuts.
Strawberry Shortcake Doughnuts are a great twist on traditional strawberry shortcake. After baking the doughnuts, they get sliced in half and filled with whipped cream and strawberries. If your child is a fan of the Strawberry Shortcake cartoon, you can color the whipped cream pink and top with a themed DecoPac cupcake ring. These Strawberry Shortcake Doughnuts are a delicious way to enjoy strawberries for breakfast and dessert.
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- ½ tsp. mint extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 lb. container of strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease a doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in the milk, eggs, and butter. Mix until just combined. Fill each doughnut cavity until ⅔ full.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until done.
- In a bowl, beat cream until firm peaks. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Slice each doughnut in half. Spoon whipped cream on top of one half and place sliced strawberries on top. Place the other half of the doughnut on top. Top with a spoonful of whipped cream and a strawberry.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.